Saturday, September 19, 2009

Project VFR400 NC30 Restoration Complete

Brand shiny new & I can't wait to get out on the road again. Autumn riding is always good, not too hot, not too cold. Looking at this bike it's so hard to believe that I've owned it for 13 years & now parts of it look better than when I originally stood there staring at it all those years ago.

I owe all this to friend Andy Shoosmith, who's creativity & generosity knows no bounds. After recently restoring a friends Peugeot 205 into a lean mean drifting machine, my pride & joy was project 2. Sat in the carpeted workshop (yes, you heard correctly, carpeted) I saw this retro pocket rocket return to it's former glory.

So, a million zillion thanks to Andy Shoosmith. Anyone local that doesn't take their cars or bikes to Gavin Fleet Care in Kempston, will be tortured to death by means of feather dusters & rusty nails.